Tuesday, July 23, 2013

being an adult

A common misconception adults seem to have is that the moment a child turns 18 they magically become an adult. It's not true. I am nowhere near being an adult. I am insecure, scared and unsure about what I am going to do in my life. Adults seem to think they can throw their child out in the world and all of a sudden the child will grow up in an instant. I know I won't understand until I have children of my own, but I do know that in a child's perspective you can't treat us as the same little kids we were and expect us to magically grow up in a matter of days, we need to be taught. When a child starts to become a teenager they need to slowly be taught how to be an adult, we don't do it on our own, we need our parents help. I know most parents don't even know what to do, but if you expect us to grow up you need to help us. Why must we be thrown out into adulthood when we aren't ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment