Thursday, July 25, 2013

cancer

Today is stressful. It seems as things begin to look up for me, other things fall apart. My boyfriend and I are looking for a place to live and yesterday our meeting with a realtor went great. Today his mom freaked out. As his mom is having a temper-tantrum about us moving my uncle is in the hospital. He went into the hospital this morning to get his cancerous kidney removed. He is slightly over weight, has breathing problems, and is a smoker so this surgery was high risk. Now surgery is done, hurray the cancer is out, but now he's not breathing on his own. He is laying in the hospital with a ventilator, he has slightly woken up, but wasn't aware of who was there or what was going on. His lungs are deflated and continue to fill with fluid. My mom is scared and honestly so am I. He has been like a father to me my whole life when my father hasn't. Losing him would be worse then losing my birthdad. I don't know how to live without him on this earth. I could always call him and he'd be there to help me in minutes. He's the only person I could ever count on to always be there for me. One night I was out of town with my aunt and me and my boyfriend had a fight, I was terrified we were going to break up and my aunt's husband was being a jerk. I called up my uncle told him what was going on, I was in tears more because I was stuck in a hotel room far from home with my aunt dick of a husband, and my uncle drove all the way up there at 12am to pick me up, he made a 3hour drive there to make sure I was ok. We got back at at 6am and he wasn't grumpy or upset about it, he was just happy that he could do something to make me feel better. My uncle has been there for me through everything and I have never worried about him letting me down. He is one of the few people in my life that I fully trust to be there for me no matter what happens. My grandma and grandpa and then him. I know rain or shine, hell or high water, those 3 are the only people who I can call and they will be there in an instant to help me. No matter what I do I know I can always fall back on them. With my grandma and grandpa's medical problems I know there's not a whole lot they can do or much longer that they will be here. Without them the only one I will have is my uncle. If he doesn't make it out of this I'll be left with just my grandparents and who knows how much longer I will have them before I am completly alone. I have a big family, but those three are the only true family I have. Between every break down, every episode, and every suicide attempt they are the ones who have stayed by my side no matter what. Without them who else do I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment