Sunday, July 21, 2013

feeling beaten

I feel as though I am the mother to 3 kids and the care taker of a rude, unthankful adult. I try my hardest to fight past the daily pain that my body brings. Friday I had a doctors appointment, as I try to get ready to go before the bus comes I hear the youngest of my boyfriends siblings let out a blood curdling scream, my automatic instinct is to stop what I'm doing and get outside as soon as possible. I get out there to see the baby only 5 years old crying screaming "I'm going to die" sitting in a pool of her own blood. She stepped on a piece of glass, it wasn't deep nothing dangerous, but because of its location she was covered in blood which made it hard to locate the piece of glass. I finally get the piece of glass out and carry her up the stairs and fast as my broken little body will take me, of course I dislocted my knee the day before so my knee was not in the best state to be running up and down stairs. Now of course you would think during all this mommy would not be in the house or at the worst asleep, no she is sitting on the couch fully aware of what is going on, but instead of asking if her child is okay she says get a towel I don't want blood on the couch. Of course that wasn't the beginning of my terrible day, no of course my day started at 2am when mommy decided to overdose on drugs, and who had to call 911 and make sure the medics knew where to find her, well I'm sure you guessed it, it was me. Of course I didn't want to, I wanted to sleep, I had to wake up early for a doctors appointment to find out why I have been so fatigued lately that I can barely stay awake. But of course no I have to stay awake no because the children are frightened because mommy has to go to the hospital. On top of all this she tells me I never help around the house, I do nothing to help her, when it has been me or my boyfriend all of the last 2 weeks(?) taking care of her kids, giving them baths, taking care of their fights and their owies, making sure they have food and drinks throughout the day. I'm not saying she's not in pain, but she sure as hell isn't the only one in pain, and she has no damn right to tell me that I am not in as much pain as she is. I try not to say anything, but if I have to hold my anger in much longer, who's telling what I might say once I blow...

No comments:

Post a Comment